São Miguel island Sirloin steak
- 1 sirloin steak or filet mignon;
- 1 egg;
- 1 clove of crushed garlic;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 50 ml of white wine or beer or whiskey or brandy;
- 1 spoon of butter with salt;
- oil (enough);
- salt (enough).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan;
- Then, pass the steak on both sides until desired (rare,medium rare). After fried, season with salt and pepper;
- Place the crushed garlic and the bay leaf in the frying pan;
- Sprinkle with the chosen drink (white wine or beer or whiskey or brandy) and let it evaporate;
- Finally, add the butter and stir with a wooden spoon to obtain a creamy and shiny sauce, without boiling;
- For those who enjoy an egg on top of the steak, fry it separately and place it on top of the steak;
- And because behind a big steak there is always a big juicy chilli pepper, don’t forget to place a beautiful pepper from Quintal dos Açores on top of the steak.