Ingredients: (for 8 people)
- 1 Round Beef (Heifer or Young Bull Beef)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Dona Pimentinha chilli paste
- 4 to 5 allspice berries
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of lard
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes (or tomato pulp)
- Smash the garlic cloves with the chili paste in a mortar, along with allspice, a bay leaf, white pepper and coarse salt.
- When it’s all mixed together forming a porridge , add the white wine and rub the meat with this double vine, letting it stay overnight, turning it from time to time.
- The next day, pour the sliced onion, olive oil, lard and oil in a frying pan. Heat and add the meat, leaving it brown on all sides, without burning.
- Place the meat on a baking sheet with the onion and the fat, add a sliced bay leaf, cinnamon, paprika, the skinless tomato and the wine, garlic and bay leaf brine., and take it to the oven.
- When the meat is almost ready, place potatoes previously cooked in salted water in the roasting pan, taking them to brown in the pan.