(for 8 to 10 people)
- 1.5 kg of cow meat
- 1 kg of pork (leg)
- 1 chicken
- 3 large chorizos (meat sausage)
- 250 g of streaky smoked bacon
- 100 g fat bacon
- 2 large white cabbages
- 16 medium potatoes
- 8 carrots
- 4 turnips
- 1 large Portuguese cabbage
- Dona Pimentinha Ground pepper
- Dona Pimentinha chilli peppers
- Cut the meat (including the chicken) into large pieces. The sausages and bacon in regular pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and cut some, leaving others whole
- Scrape the carrots and cut in half. Cut the turnips and cabbages into quarters
- Open the chilies in half and introduce all the ingredients in alternating layers, in an aluminum pan
- Sprinkle the last layer with coarse salt.
- Cover everything with cabbage leaves and cover the pan.
- After everything is cooked, remove the cabbage leaves and serve the vegetables on one plate and the meat on the other.